Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown Commemorative polo shirt
Capt Eric 'Winkle' Brown CBE, DSC, AFC, KCYSA, Ph.D., Hon. FRAeS, RN is undoubtedly one of the finest pilots that Britain has ever produced. He is holder of several 'firsts' (twin engine, tripod undercarriage and jet landings on an aircraft carrier) and other records (2407 deck landings and 487 aircraft flown) that will never be broken.
His career spanned the end of the piston engine and the birth of the jet age both as a decorated wartime fighter pilot and later military and civilian test pilot - both rotary and fixed wing.
One of Eric's favourite aircraft types was the de Havilland Sea Hornet (DH 103) for which he conducted the deck landing trials on HMS Ocean in July 1945.
This exquisitely detailed polo shirt commemorates some of these achievements.
The quality is of the highest level and it features:
- Photographic back panel featuring deck trials of the Sea Hornet
- Silk screen printing detailing deck landings & types flown on rear
- Applique badge left sleeve
- Gold foil silk screen emblem on front
- Embroidered neck braid featuring 487 aircraft types flown & bio dates
- Internal detailing featuring 'Test Pilot' & HMS Ocean
- Riveted side vents
- Designer swing tag
- 95% cotton 5% elastane
- Pique 220gsm
For a relaxed fit please order one size up.